The FCSA orange crest logo appears on reputable and trusted umbrella services throughout the industry.
If you are a contractor, it is important to choose an FCSA accredited company to ensure that you are working with a reputable and compliant company.
But what is the FCSA? What does this logo mean? And how does it impact businesses?
We’ve summarised the key questions to provide a clearer understanding of what it means to be an FCSA accredited member.
What is the FCSA?
The Freelance and Contractor Services Association (FCSA) is the UK’s leading membership body dedicated to raising standards and promoting supply chain compliance for the temporary labour market.
The FCSA is a non-profit and limited by guarantee company, and member-owned with an appointed independent CEO. As a result, there is no financial or commercial conflict.
What is FCSA Accreditation?
FCSA accreditation is recognised as the industry’s compliance gold standard.
Accreditation can be awarded to umbrella employers, limited company advisors and self-employed/CIS contractor providers who are able to demonstrate the highest industry standards.
To assess Accredited Members, the FCSA developed a Code of Compliance with the help of independent assessors (top-tier regulated tax experts and solicitors) and HMRC.
FCSA Accredited Members are tested annually against the Code of Compliance, which includes:
- Corporate Structure
- Employment Law
- Accountancy/Tax Law
- Insurance and Financial Stability Checks
- Relationship with Recruitment Businesses
- Relationships with Contractors
- Umbrella Employment Operations
- Accountancy Support Operations
- Self-Employment Operations
What are the benefits of being an FCSA Accredited Member?
FCSA Accredited Members are listed in the FCSA Directory of Members and recognised in the industry as reputable and reliable businesses.
The FCSA states the following reasons for selecting one of their Accredited Members:
- Low risk, trusted, independently vetted supply chain partners
- Demonstrably the highest compliance standards within the industry
- Proven track record in the provision of high-quality services and support to workers
- Access to the top industry experts and advisors
- The only compliance standard recognised and endorsed by all of the UK’s leading recruitment bodies, including REC, TEAM and APSCo
What does FCSA Accreditation mean for Indigo?
Indigo has proudly been a FCSA Accredited Member since 2021.
Indigo have currently undergone the rigorous annual assessment of business services, operations, policies and processes against the FCSA Code of Compliance, to achieve FCSA Accreditation for the running.
We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of compliance, and achievement of FCSA accreditation for another year, provides reassurance to all our clients that we operate to with the highest levels of transparency and trust, whilst acting professionally and ethically in the way we do business.